The Department of Education and Children provides financial support for students undertaking further or higher education, subject to meeting certain eligibility criteria.
This site provides a general outline of the funding available for students commencing the first year of their course in September or October 2017 and for all continuing students. This information is provided for guidance only as each applicant must be assessed on individual circumstances, in accordance with the details provided in their application and the Education (Student Awards) (Amendment) Regulations 2017. Applicants are required to read the guidance before making an application for an Award.
Particular attention should be given to the sections explaining the contribution you will need to make towards your tuition fees and the availability of loans to cover this contribution.
New applications for courses starting in 2017-18 (and for students continuing into their 2nd year of studies) should be made on the online application form which can be accessed using the 'Apply now' link on this page.
Students who commenced study prior to 2016-17 and who are continuing with their third or subsequent years of study will be sent the relevant form for completion to the address currently held on file.
As progress on the online form cannot be saved, before completing the form you will require the following information:
- Student tax reference number
- Student NI number
- Student bank account details (sort code & account number)
- Contributors’/Parents’ tax reference numbers
- Contributors’/Parents’ email addresses
- Contributors’/Parents’ income details for the tax year ending 5 April 2017 (including income from pensions, maintenance payments, dividends & taxable benefits)
|IoM Student Awards – Advisory Update & Timeline overview|
We have received a large number of applications for student awards support in the 2017/18 academic year.
The initial checking and upload of applications into our system has now taken place and the formal processing of applications will commence in the first few weeks of July and into August.
Notification letters will be issued as soon as possible and to assist us at this busy time of year we would please ask that you do not contact us seeking progress updates.
Submitted applications are in a workflow and will be processed based on application dates.For any students who have not yet applied, applications for support can continue to be made until 31 July.
Early applications are encouraged and in any event should be made before 31/07/2017.
Students seeking further advice or more detailed information should contact the Student Awards Section for assistance:
Phone: +44 1624 685822
- Students from the Isle of Man are not eligible for a loan from the UK Student Loans Company.
- Please note that the online application/approval process is not automatic or instant and requires applicants/parents to provide a range of information to assist in confirming a student's eligibility for assistance.