Town and Village Centre Regeneration Scheme
We are actively leading and funding the physical regeneration of town and village centres across the Island, we aim to improve these areas for the people who visit, live and work here.
We realised that our town and village centres were looking a little tired and often lacked a social centre. The bus and coach stops serving the centres were not always in the best condition or in the best place for people to access the shops and leisure facilities. The pavements were narrow and uneven; the lighting was outdated and expensive to run. We agreed to try and make them look more inviting, be a great place to shop, be distinctive and to become places for socialising and for entertainment. We want to make them more than just retail centres.
There are seven master plans, one for each of the Regeneration Zones. These Master plans set out the priority project areas for each centre.
In addition to the main schemes, the Regeneration Fund also provides financial support towards external improvements to commercial buildings located within the Regeneration Areas.
The key aims of the Regeneration Scheme:
- To facilitate a dynamic, modern and diverse economy;
- To maintain full and rewarded employment;
- To raise the quality of the environment which surrounds us;
- To encourage people to take pride in their environment;
- To deliver the project within an agreed timescale;
- To bring about strategic impact and long term sustainability.
You can download the Regeneration Zone maps in downloadable documents.
The regeneration zones are located within areas across the Island:
- Port Erin
- Port St Mary