Public Record Office
Due to current social distancing advice, the Isle of Man Public Record Office reading room will be closed until further notice. All group tours and events are also suspended. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
We are happy to receive enquiries about our collections and services by e-mail (email@example.com), telephone (+44 1624 693569) and post (Unit 40A Spring Valley, Braddan, IM2 2QS). Please note that staff may be working remotely and access to collections for enquiries cannot be guaranteed. However we will do our best to assist you as far as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Public Record Office as soon as normal services can resume.
The Isle of Man Public Record Office preserves records of the Isle of Man government and other Manx public bodies that are of historical and cultural significance. Our holdings include records from:
- Isle of Man government departments and their predecessors, such as the Boards
- Other organisations which are part of government, including General Registry
- Local authorities
- Other local public bodies included in the Public Records Act 1999
More information on our holdings is available on the Records page.
The Visiting the Public Record Office page provides information on our services, location and opening hours.
The Public Records Act 1999 provides the basis for our objectives:
- Advice and assistance to bodies holding public records.
- Preservation and organisation of archives.
- Facilitation of appropriate public access to records and archives.
Spring Valley Industrial Estate
Isle of Man
+44 1624 693569