Public Record Office
Heritage Open Days – alterations to reading room opening hours
The Isle of Man Public Record Office is taking part in the Heritage Open Days on Friday 5 October and Friday 12 October. On both days, our reading room will be open to researchers from 9.30am to 1pm, but will be closed for research from 1pm onwards. This is to allow space for a public exhibition and tour as part of the open day event. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
More information about the open days, including how to book an event is available.
The Isle of Man Public Record Office preserves records of the Isle of Man government and other Manx public bodies that are of historical and cultural significance. Our holdings include records from:
- Isle of Man government departments and their predecessors, such as the Boards
- Other organisations which are part of government, including General Registry
- Local authorities
- Other local public bodies included in the Public Records Act 1999
More information on our holdings is available on the Records page.
The Visiting the Isle of Man Public Record Office page provides information on our services, location and opening hours.
The Public Records Act 1999 provides the basis for our objectives:
- Advice and assistance to bodies holding public records.
- Preservation and organisation of archives.
- Facilitation of appropriate public access to records and archives.
Spring Valley Industrial Estate
Isle of Man
+44 1624 693569