Public Record Office
Heritage Open Days 2017
The Isle of Man Public Record Office is taking part in the Heritage Open Days on Friday 29 September, Saturday 30 September and Friday 6 October 2017. On these days, members of the public will have the opportunity to take a tour of the Record Office and view an exhibition in our reading room. To find out more and book a place for the tour and exhibition, please contact us on 01624 693569 or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Our public reading room will be used to display our Heritage Open Day exhibition on Friday 29 September and Friday 6 October 2017. This means that our standard reading room services and space to accommodate researchers will be limited. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause. If you are intending to visit to use the reading room on these days, please get in touch with us to discuss your visit and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Spring Valley Industrial Estate
Isle of Man
+44 1624 693569
The Isle of Man Public Record Office preserves records of the Isle of Man government and other Manx public bodies that are of historical and cultural significance. Our holdings include records from:
- Isle of Man government departments and their predecessors, such as the Boards
- Other organisations which are part of government, including General Registry
- Local authorities
- Other local public bodies included in the Public Records Act 1999
More information on our holdings is available on the Records page.
The Visiting the Isle of Man Public Record Office page provides information on our services, location and opening hours.
The Public Records Act 1999 provides the basis for our objectives:
- Advice and assistance to bodies holding public records.
- Preservation and organisation of archives.
- Facilitation of appropriate public access to records and archives.