Important Safety Notice – Hotpoint/Indesit Gas Cookers
The Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading wishes to make the public aware of an important safety notice which relates to Hotpoint/Indesit gas cookers purchased during October and November 2013, i.e. very recently.
In rare cases the failure of a component may lead to a gas leak and in a very small number of cases a potential safety hazard.
Hotpoint/Indesit has made it an absolute priority to locate and modify every gas cooker that is affected.
What you need to do to check if you own an affected gas cooker:
- Check the model number and serial number of your Hotpoint/Indesit cooker. This can be found on a sticker on the inside of the TOP oven door as outlined below
- If your product is affected please immediately call the dedicated Customer Service line: 01733 287 843 (Monday to Friday - 8am to 6.30pm; Saturday - 8.30am to 5.30pm; Sunday - 9.30am to 3.30pm)
- Or you can use the dedicated email address: email@example.com
- Hotpoint/Indesit will immediately arrange to visit your home and make a free of charge repair
- While you are waiting for an engineer visit, do not use any part of the cooker.
NO OTHER HOTPOINT/INDESIT GAS COOKERS ARE AFFECTED BY THIS SAFETY NOTICE.