Important Safety Notice – Hotpoint/Indesit EOS Platform Dishwashers
Check the model number of your Hotpoint or Indesit dishwasher to make sure it is safe, says the Office of Fair Trading.
The manufacturers have identified an important safety issue with Hotpoint/Indesit EOS platform dishwashers manufactured between January 2008 and July 2010. In rare cases the failure of an electrical component could present a potential fire hazard through overheating.
What you need to do: Check if yours is an affected dishwasher:
• Firstly, as a precaution, make sure that your dishwasher is turned off and disconnected from the wall socket.
• Note the model and serial number of your dishwasher. These can be found on a sticker on the inside edge of either the right or left hand side of the door.
• Find out if yours is an affected model here http://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/eos/ (for Hotpoint models) or here http://www.indesitservice.co.uk/eos/ (for Indesit models).
• If you do not have access to a computer, contact Hotpoint/Indesit Customer Services on telephone number 0843 636 2617 for further advice.
• If your dishwasher appears to be an affected model, Hotpoint/Indesit, contact Customer Services (number above) who will arrange for further action.
The OFT strongly recommends that anyone who has an affected dishwasher should stop using it until it has been checked by the manufacturer. This problem does not affect any of the Hotpoint/Indesit models on sale today.