Important Safety Notice – Boots Pharmaceuticals
The Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading wishes to make the public aware of an important safety notice which relates to various Boots own brand pharmaceutical products.
This notice supersedes a notice issued by Boots just a few weeks ago. It relates to additional products and to products bought from an earlier date than that specified in the original notice.
The products concerned are:-
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Chesty Cough Relief Oral Solution 150ml (item code: 30-07-332)
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Dry Cough Relief Oral Solution 150ml (item code: 23-36-154)
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Mucus Cough Relief Oral Solution 150ml (item code: 48-96-149)
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Paracetamol 6 years Plus Suspension 200ml (P) (item code: 77-86-476)
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Ibuprofen Syrup 3 months Plus Oral Suspension Strawberry Flavour 100ml (item code: 29-98-009)
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Tickly Cough Relief Oral Solution 150ml (GSL) (item code: 47-08-776)
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Paracetamol 3 Months Plus Suspension 120mg/5ml Strawberry Flavour 100ml (GSL) (item code: 21-39-839)
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Paracetamol 3 Months Plus Suspension 120mg/5ml Strawberry Flavour 200ml (P) (item code: 77-38-382)
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Paracetamol 6 years Plus Suspension 100ml (P) (item code: 21-39-901)
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Baby Cough Syrup 3 months Plus 100ml (GSL) (item code: 23-16-021)
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Gripe Mixture 1 month Plus 150ml (GSL) (item code: 23-18-415)
Boots has discovered a potential manufacturing fault with the tamper seal on some Boots Pharmaceuticals liquid medicines which might result in small pieces of plastic being found in the medicine. Please note this potential issue only affects products bought from October 2011 onwards.
Customers should return these products to their local Boots store for a refund or replacement with a similar item. If customers have bought any of the products for someone else they should let them know about this as soon as possible.
If you do have any concerns or need further advice then speak to the pharmacist at your local Boots store or call the Boots Customer Care Team on 0800 915 0004.
NO OTHER BOOTS PRODUCTS ARE AFFECTED BY THE SAFETY NOTICE.