Important Safety Notice – Boots Pharmaceuticals
The Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading wishes to make the public aware of an important safety notice which relates to various Boots own brand pharmaceutical products.
The products concerned are:-
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Chesty Cough Relief Oral Solution 150 ml 30-07-332
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Dry Cough Oral Solution 150ml 23-36-154
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Mucus Cough Oral Solution 150ml 48-96-149
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Paracetamol 6Y+200ml 77-86-476
- Boots Pharmaceuticals Ibuprofen Oral Suspension Strawberry Flavour 3m+100ml 29-98-009
Boots has discovered a potential manufacturing fault with the tamper seal on some Boots Pharmaceuticals liquid medicines which might result in small pieces of plastic being found in the medicine. Please note this potential issue only affects products bought from September 2013 onwards.
Customers should return these products to their local Boots store for a refund or replacement with a similar item. If customers have bought any of the products for someone else they should let them know about this as soon as possible.
If you do have any concerns or need further advice then speak to the pharmacist at your local Boots store or call the Boots Customer Care Team on 0800 915 0004.
NO OTHER BOOTS PRODUCTS ARE AFFECTED BY THE SAFETY NOTICE.