Important Safety Notice – Hotpoint DWF3 Series, DWM37 and DC26 Dishwashers
The Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading wishes to make the public aware of an important safety notice which relates to Hotpoint DWF3 Series, DWM37 and DC26 dishwashers manufactured between January 1999 and September 2003.
In rare cases the failure of an electrical component could present a potential fire hazard through overheating. Hotpoint has made it an absolute priority to locate and modify every dishwasher that is affected.
What you need to do to check if you own an affected dishwasher:
- When checking, firstly as a precaution, make sure it is turned off and disconnected from the wall socket.
- Check the model number of your Hotpoint dishwasher. These can be found on a sticker on the inside of the door as outlined below. The model numbers are also found on the front of the appliance.
- If your product is affected please call Hotpoint’s dedicated Customer Service line 08442 412574 (Monday to Friday - 8am to 6.30pm; Saturday - 8.30am to 5.30pm; Sunday - 9.30am to 3.30pm)
- Or you can contact Hotpoint via a dedicated email address: email@example.com
- Hotpoint will arrange to visit your home and make a free of charge repair.
- While you are waiting for an engineer visit, it is recommended for your peace of mind not to leave the dishwasher unattended while in use.
NO OTHER HOTPOINT DISHWASHERS ARE AFFECTED BY THIS SAFETY NOTICE.