IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICES
The Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading wishes to make consumers aware of the following potential safety issues:-
Mothercare Swinging Cribs and Gliding Cribs
A problem exists with the bolts supplied with a number of Mothercare Swinging Cribs and Gliding Cribs (available in natural or white) sold between September 2010 and May 2011 described as following:
|N0289||262424-0||Natural swinging crib|
|N0290||262425-7||White swinging crib|
|N0291||262426-4||Natural deluxe gliding crib|
|N0292||262443-1||White deluxe swinging crib|
Batch codes affected are dated between 01-09-10 and 31-05-11. The batch code can be found on a label on the base of the crib.
- Check the batch date on the base of the crib;
- If in an affected batch, stop using the crib immediately and make alternative sleeping arrangements for your baby;
- Contact Mothercare either by completing the form on its website www.mothercare.com or by telephoning 0844 875 5122 to order your replacement bolts which will be sent to you free of charge.
Sony Bravia LCD TV
The issue came to the attention of Sony through reports in Japan that a limited number of products might contain a component affected by a quality issue, which in a rare number of cases might over-heat and ignite inside the television and possibly result in the melting of the upper casing of the television.
The model numbers, which can be found on the back of the set or from the settings menu using the handset, are:
- KDL - 40D3400, KDL – 40D3500, KDL – 40D3550, KDL – 40D3660
- KDL - 40V3000, KDL – 40W3000, KDL – 40X3000, KDL – 40X3500
Anyone who has one of these models should contact the local service centres:-
T H Colebourn Ltd - Tel. 673482
Waltons TV Ltd - Tel. 611711
Following your request, Sony's service representative will promptly visit to check your TV, and will repair it as promptly as possible if it has the affected component.
Important: If you own one of the products mentioned above and if you notice any abnormality (e.g. unusual noise, unusual smell or smoking), please turn it off immediately, unplug the power cable, stop using the TV, and contact Sony. Sony advise that this symptom does not occur when power is switched off.
How to identify your BRAVIA model name:
From the settings menu inside the TV:
• Press on the Menu button on your remote control
• Navigate to the settings menu
In the settings menu, please select the setup menu
• Select product information and press ok to identify your model