Area Plan for the North and West
Draft Area Plan
The Draft Area Plan for the North and West expands on the broad policies and proposals set out in the Isle of Man Strategic Plan relating them to precise areas of land within Ramsey and Peel, the district of Michael and the parishes of German, Patrick, Jurby, Andreas, Bride, Ballaugh, Lezayre and Garff (Maughold ward only).
- Build better communities
- Support health and well-being goals
- Support a vibrant economy
- Protect the environment
- One Vision for the Isle of Man and the delivery of the ‘Our Island Plan’
The Draft Area Plan is made up of the Written Statement, which sets out the background to the various topics together with some detailed Proposals and Recommendations, and a set of Maps which illustrates the localities and sites.
Scope of Area Plan for the North and West
Give us your views
The Draft Plan Consultation has now closed and all responses are being considered. Cabinet Office will publish responses to each representation received as part of the Consultation in due course as well as a series of proposed modifications to the Draft Plan ahead of the Public Inquiry
A webinar was held on 11 July 2022 via Microsoft Teams. The recording of the webinar can be viewed below.
Drop in sessions
Planning Officers will be available to discuss the Draft Area Plan for the North and West in detail as well as helping anyone who wishes to take part in the consultation.
Address: House of Manannan
Dates and times:
- Wednesday 13 July 2022 from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- Thursday 14 July 2022 from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- Friday 15 July 2022 from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
- Saturday 16 July 2022 from 9:30am to 2pm.
Address: Ramsey Town Hall Atrium
Dates and times:
- Wednesday 20 July 2022 from 9:30am to 7pm.
- Thursday 21 July 2022 from 9:30am to 5pm.
- Firday 22 July 2022 from 9:30am to 5pm.
- Saturday 23 July 2022 from 9:30am to 2pm.
3rd Floor Government Office
Telephone: +44 1624 686758