This news release is issued to publicise the addition of six individuals and one entity to the Chemical Weapons financial sanctions regime.
Annex I to Regulation (EU) No 2018/1542 has been amended with effect from 15 October 2020, following the publication of Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/1480.
The following entries have been added to the UK’s Consolidated List and are now subject to an asset freeze.
- Andrei Veniaminovich Yarin: Chief of the Presidential Domestic Policy Directorate
- Sergei Vladilenovich Kiriyenko: First Deputy Chief of Staff of the Presidential Executive Office
- Sergei Ivanovich Menyailo: Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of the Russian Federation in the Siberian Federal District
- Aleksandr Vasilievich Bortnikov: Director of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation
- Pavel Anatolievich Popov: Deputy Minister of Defence of the Russian Federation
- Aleksei Yurievich Krivoruchko: Deputy Minister of Defence of the Russian Federation
- State Scientific Research Institute for Organic Chemistry and Technology (GosNIIOKhT)
Details can be found in the Annex to this news release.
Financial institutions and other persons are requested to check whether they maintain any accounts or otherwise hold funds or economic resources for, or provide financial services to, the designated individuals and entity. If so, they must freeze such accounts or other funds and, unless licensed by the Treasury, refrain from dealing with said funds or economic resources, and suspend the provision of any financial services. They must also report their findings to the FIU.
Failure to comply with financial sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
Further details of the sanctions regime related to Chemical Weapons and links to the UK's Consolidated List of Individuals and entities subject to other financial sanctions regimes may be found on the Customs and Excise pages of the Isle of Man Government website.