bus vannin would like to thank those of you who are following the Government instructions not to travel unless your journey is absolutely essential.
This is critical to fighting the spread of COVID-19, protecting our health care system and maintaining safe and reliable transport for health, logistics and other critical workers. We would like to thank our key workers, the bus drivers for their ongoing commitment to keeping the island moving.
The number of people using our services has fallen dramatically.
For tomorrow Saturday 28 March and Monday 30 March 2020 we will remain with the Sunday Service with extras as per the COVID timetables available on www.bus.im. On Sunday 29 March the service will remain normal timetabled Sunday Service only.
We are in contact with management at Noble’s Hospital to see if any improvements can be made to support hospital staff and this will be announced as soon as possible.
We would also like to extend our thanks to customers for observing our no cash rule. As a reminder we have set up some new stations to support with Go Card top ups listed below however a preferred way is to top up your Go Cards online by visiting www.bus.im/gocards
The £2 fee for a Go Card is temporarily waived and these can be picked up and topped up at the following locations:
- Lord Street Police Station, Douglas (Monday-Friday 8am-6pm, Sunday 10am-5pm)
- Port Erin Railway Station (8am-4pm, closed Saturday-Sunday)
- Ramsey Bus Depot (Monday- Saturday 6am- 5pm Sunday 8.30am – 1pm)
- Peel Family History Building, Derby Road, Peel (From 30 March, 10.30am-3.30pm, closed Saturday-Sunday)
- Castletown Railway Station (From 30 March, 9am-5pm, closed Saturday-Sunday)