Covid-19 Coronavirus

Advice available over importing vehicles from the UK

Tuesday, 26 February 2019

V5C log bookIsle of Man residents who want to buy a vehicle from the UK and import it into the Island are warned that they must obtain the full log book (registration document V5C) when the transaction takes place.

The United Kingdom's Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) will no longer issue export certificates for anyone wishing to take a vehicle out of the UK without a valid log book.

The Island's highways authority was not notified of the UK's policy change, which has come to light in recent weeks through the licensing team at the Department of Infrastructure.

Discussions have now taken place with the DVLA, which advises anyone buying a vehicle in the UK to obtain a V5C log book from the seller as it will not issue any further documentation to allow the vehicle to be registered elsewhere.

Island residents experiencing difficulties should contact DoI Licensing on +44 1624 686741 for advice.

Issued By

Back to top