A new bus timetable will come into operation on Monday 22 April containing a number of changes designed to improve the way people can move around the Island.
The route between Douglas and the south will increase in frequency from every 20 minutes to every 15 minutes.
This improvement will mean buses will serve Douglas promenade every 15 minutes with links in both directions - to Governors Hill every 30 minutes, and Noble’s Hospital, Birch Hill, and Ballachrink hourly.
An extra late evening bus will be provided on Fridays and Saturdays, departing Douglas for Port Erin at 10.40pm and travelling in the opposite direction at 11.39pm.
The route 5 daytime services linking Ramsey with Peel and Douglas will run five minutes earlier in order to improve reliability.
Jason Moorhouse MHK, Member with responsibility for Transport Services, said:
‘The south services will see a positive change and supports demand for the route, which has increased over the past 12 months.
‘The north will also see benefits through the expansion of the connectVILLAGES demand responsive service to cover Ramsey and Jurby, after the successful roll-out to Andreas and Bride. The new service will allow people in Ramsey to book a bus to get around the town, and Jurby residents to travel anywhere around Ramsey, Bride and Andreas at a time that suits them.’
New timetables are available to view on www.bus.im with printed booklets available from the Welcome Centre at the Sea Terminal in Douglas, or by calling 662525. Alternatively, use the Simply Go Journey Planner at www.traveline.info
Bookings for connectVILLAGES can be made online at www.bus.im/connect or by calling 697440. Standard fares apply for the service, which runs Monday-Saturday, 9am to 7pm.
For further information, contact bus vannin on 662525 or email email@example.com
Timetable alterations in detail
DOUGLAS – SOUTH – DOUGLAS SERVICES 1/2/2A/10/11/12/12A
- Increase in frequency Monday-Saturday between Port Erin and Queen’s Promenade, Douglas, to every 15 minutes (was every 20 minutes) between 0700 to 1830 when operating Douglas – Port Erin and 0800 to 1800 operating Port Erin to Douglas.
- Increased frequency of this service means buses will serve the promenade every 15 minutes, with links in both directions to Governors Hill (every 30 minutes) Noble’s Hospital (hourly), Birch Hill (hourly) and Ballachrink (hourly).
- Heading south after Castletown, half the buses will go via Colby and the other half via Shore Road, Gansey. This will create services every 30 minutes covering Colby - Port Erin - Port St Mary (both ways) and Shore Road, Gansey - Port St Mary – Port Erin (both ways).
- There is an extra night bus on Fridays and Saturdays: depart Douglas at 2240 to Port Erin and 2339 back to Douglas.
- Service 10 journeys departing Port Erin to Noble’s Hospital renumbered to Service 1H until Loch Promenade.
- Extra early morning journeys on Sundays will serve Isle of Man Airport.
DOUGLAS – ONCHAN – LAXEY – RAMSEY SERVICE 3/3A
- Daytime 30-minute frequency introduced on Sundays during the summer peak period (was hourly) between 26 May and 27 October.
- Removal of Broadway on two journeys Mondays to Saturdays due to the Douglas Promenade works and to regularise the route.
PEEL- ST JOHNS - FOXDALE- BUSINESS PARK - DOUGLAS SERVICE 4
- Additional Mondays to Fridays journey introduced at 1807 from Peel via Foxdale to Douglas.
DOUGLAS – FOXDALE – SLOC – PORT ERIN SERVICE 4R
PEEL– ST JOHN – FOXDALE – AIRPORT – CASTLETOWN SERVICE 8
PEEL– NIARBYL – SLOC – PORT ERIN 8R
- Operation of these summer season Sundays journeys extended from 1 September until 27 October.
RAMSEY - KIRK MICHAEL- PEEL- ST JOHNS - HOSPITAL - DOUGLAS SERVICE 5
- Daytime Mondays to Sundays journeys from Ramsey via Peel to Douglas retimed to depart 5 minutes past the hour (currently 10 minutes past the hour).
DOUGLAS- CROSBY – ST JOHNS – PEEL – KIRK MICHAEL – RAMSEY SERVICE 5A
- The 1722 service will now terminate in Peel at Ballawattleworth and not continue on to Ramsey. The 1737 6C will continue to Ramsey.
RAMSEY- JURBY-RAMSEY SERVICES 19/19C
- Some daytime Mondays to Saturdays Service 19/19C journeys to Jurby will be replaced by on-demand bus service connectVILLAGES. Peak time services will still be maintained.
RAMSEY BUS STATION – ORMLY ESTATE- THORNHILL- RAMSEY BUS STATION SERIVCE OT
RAMSEY BUS STATION –CLAUGHBANE-LEZAYRE-MARKET PLACE- RAMSEY BUS STATION SERVICE CL
- Both the CL and OT service will cease operation and be replaced by on-demand bus service connectVILLAGES.
DOUGLAS – ANAGH COAR – BUSINESS PARK – FARMHILL- ANAGH COAR- DOUGLAS SERVICE 21B
- The 1500 service will terminate at the IoM Business Park on schooldays.
PORT ERIN- PORT ST MARY- BRADDA & SOUTH SERIVCE 28
- Mondays to Saturdays journeys between Port Erin and The Sound retimed to operate 5 minutes later.