Isle of Man Transport is celebrating a record number of customers who stepped aboard the Isle of Man Steam Railway’s Dining Events throughout December 2017. A total number of 2,635 tickets were sold in total for the events, a record capacity of 87%.
Trish Hoy owner of the Ticket Hall who caters all the events commented:
'We have been overwhelmed by the support the Steam Railway’s dining events have received during 2017. The events just seem to be growing in popularity. We have tried new events for Christmas and New Year such as the Mont Blanc Express (Ski & Alpine inspired cuisine), Summer Solstice Down Under (Aussie BBQ), Lose the Blues (USA inspired dinner), Viva L’Espania (Spanish dining) and the famous Fireman’s brunch to name but a few. We would like to thank our customers for their ongoing support and hope to welcome new and old customers when the 2018 Season begins.'
Hannah Lo Bao, Customer Communications Manager for Isle of Man Transport said:
'2017 as a whole has been a fantastic year, and to finish on such a high has been great. It’s lovely to see both residents and visitors taking advantage of these great events, and the positive feedback for this unique dining experience.'
Isle of Man Transport is now focusing its attention on the array of events for 2018, which is going to be an exceptional year;
- The Dining Car alone will hold just under 100 different events from the 11th March through to the 5 November. From the famous Dining Cars of the World to our weekly Pie and Mash trains. Pick up a leaflet or visit www.rail.im to see the list of events.
- The Snaefell Summit Dining with hold 33 Events which include Rock of Ages with 60s’, 70’s and 80’s discos from DJ Chris Williams and the very popular Pie in the Sky with a supper and a chance to learn some astronomy.
- Alongside these events we will be holding our special festivals:
- Rush Hour on the Railways from the 30 March 2018 to 2 April 2018
- Manx Heritage Transport Festival from the 25 July 2018 to 29 July 2018
- Island at War 18 August 2018 to 19 August 2018, and
- Manx Electric Railway’s 125th birthday celebrations 6 September 2018 to 8 September 2018.
Further information for all events will be available shortly by visiting www.rail.im via the facebook page IoMTransport or picking up a leaflet from the Welcome Centre.