Minor changes to bus vannin services will be introduced on Monday 1 May 2017.
The timetable is regularly reviewed in response to passenger feedback and operational requirements.
The new timetables can be accessed online at www.gov.im/2017timetables and printed versions will be available soon.
Ian Longworth, Director of Transport, said:
‘2016 witnessed a record number of passenger trips, with a total of 3,485,164 journeys taken on bus vannin services.
‘We are constantly reviewing how we can improve the passenger journey to ensure customers have a seamless experience to their destination.
‘The main timetable changes to highlight are the fact that some buses from Ramsey and Peel going into Douglas will now depart 5 minutes earlier, so if you regularly use this service please ensure you check this out.’
Other key changes to the timetable are:
Service 1, 1H, 2, 2A, 11, 12, 12A, 9
- The late afternoon/early evening 15-minute service from Douglas to Port Erin will now commence earlier.
- Services 9 and 1 will now serve Newlands shelter after departing the main hospital entrance.
- The evening Sunday service 1H to/from Hailwood Avenue will now be renumbered to 1.
- The separation of the journeys to the Ramsey Estates as services OT & CL.
- Revision to Sunday departure times from Ramsey to reflect the Monday to Saturday timetables.
- Service 4C introduced between Douglas, Higher Foxdale and Castletown. When the road in Foxdale re-opens this will provide an hourly service between Foxdale and Douglas.
- While the road is still closed a revised temporary timetable is in operation.
Service 5, 5A, 5C, 6, 6C
- Revised Monday to Sunday daytime Ramsey and Peel to Douglas departure times - generally 5 minutes earlier than at present.
- An enhanced service in Peel to provide direct buses between Peel Promenade, Peveril Road and Ballawattleworth to Douglas.
Service 8, 8A
- Service to be withdrawn and replaced by 4C once the Foxdale road reopens.
Service 17, 17K, 18, 18K, 19C, 20, 20A
- Most daytime journeys retimed to depart Ramsey Bus Station 5 minutes earlier.
- Route revised in Jurby to operate via the Industrial Estate (as currently on Sundays).
- Sunday Service has been revised.
Service 21, 21A, 21B
- Service 21B journeys from Lord Street will now depart on the hour. Service 21 and 21A will now depart at half past the hour.
New timetables are now available to view on www.gov.im/2017timetables
A new Journey Planner & Timetables booklet is being published and free copies will be available at the Welcome Centre in the Sea Terminal at Douglas and at bus and rail stations from 8 May 2017.