The Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading wishes to make the public aware of an important safety notice concerning Sky On-Demand connector units and also Sky wireless booster units. This relates to screws securing the power adaptor. It is understood that Sky has contacted those customers who are known to have the units in question. However, in addition, the following safety notice has been issued by the supplier:
Important Product Safety Information
Sky Mains Powered On-Demand connector units and wireless booster units
Our quality checking process has identified a possible safety issue with the power adaptors that were included with both our On Demand Connector and also our Sky Wireless Booster products. This issue only affects a very small number of units, but if you have one or both of them in your home it's important to carry out the steps below to identify whether the fault exists:
- Switch off the electricity at the wall socket.
- If you don’t have a switch at the wall socket, please turn off your electricity at the mains. If you are concerned about doing this then please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
- Carefully unplug the power adaptor from the wall socket.
- If the power adaptor feels loose or starts to come apart while you’re unplugging it, then please check again that you have switched the electricity off at the wall socket or the mains.
- Once you’ve removed the power adaptor please check to see if it has both screws fully inserted. If one or both screws are missing, do not plug the adaptor back in.
'If you find that the adaptor is missing one or both screws, or you have any concerns, then please call, free of charge on 08000 152 582 and we will arrange to exchange it for a new unit immediately.'
'We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you, but customer safety is our primary concern.'