Minister: Hon Lawrie Hooper MHK
Chief Officer: Paul Richardson
- Ms Joney Faragher MHK
- Dr Michelle Haywood MHK
- Ms Tanya August-Hanson MLC
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) supports health and social care delivery in the Isle of Man, making sure people have access to safe, effective and high-quality care. We do not directly provide any health and social care services.
As a small team of inspectors, policy makers, researchers and administrators – the DHSC:
- carries out research
- develops strategy, policy and legislation
- registers and inspects health and social care services based on the island
- strategically commissions health and social care services from Manx Care
- monitors and assures Manx Care’s performance in the delivery of services
Policy making and regulation was separated from service delivery in April 2021 following the independent review of health and social care services carried out by Sir Jonathan Michael.
We continue to work closely with Manx Care, the Public Health division of the Cabinet Office, and the Health and Care Transformation Team.