HM Attorney General is the registrar and regulator of charities registered in the Isle of Man, as provided by the Charities Registration and Regulation Act 2019.
The Charities Register is administered by the Charities Administration team in the Attorney General’s Chambers.
If you have any queries concerning charities, please review the information available on the following pages and in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document which is available on the Publications page.
- Index of charities registered in the Isle of Man – includes a link to the searchable index as well as a table of recent changes to the register of charities (i.e. those charities added or removed within the last three months) and a link to the register of charity mergers.
- Establishing and registering a charity in the Isle of Man – includes information and guidance on establishing a charity on the Island, including model governing instruments, guidance as to the role of a charity trustee, information for foreign charities seeking to register here (including eligibility) and guidance as to the registration process, including the registration application form.
- Running a charity – ongoing requirements – includes details of the statutory requirements applicable to registered charities, together with guidance as to the notification of certain changes (e.g. changes of trustees and their details) including the notification form and information about how to make changes to charity names and governing instruments.
- Annual accounts and reports – includes information concerning compliance with the requirement to prepare and file annual accounts and reports and links to the published templates for receipts and payments accounts and annual reports.
- Winding up/dissolving a charity and the removal of a charity from the register – includes information concerning winding up or dissolving a charity, including charity mergers, and the removal of a charity from the register.
- Charities legislation – includes a description of, and links to, all the Manx legislation regarding charities which is currently in force, as well as to recently repealed legislation.
- Publications – includes copies of all forms, templates, guidance, model governing instruments, Charities Bulletins, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and other documents published by the Attorney General or the Charities Administration Team.
If you cannot find the information you require, please contact Charities Administration using the contact details below.
Please note that due to a high volume of enquiries and filings, with effect from 1 February 2022 the Charities Administration Team will operate an appointment system between the hours of 9.30am and 1pm. Anyone wishing to briefly discuss a charity matter should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:-
- Your name and role in the charity or proposed charity
- Charity number and name (if applicable)
- Preferred availability
- Details of the matter you wish to discuss
Deliveries may be accepted by Reception without an appointment during our usual opening hours of Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm and Friday: 9am to 4.30pm, however, a member of the Charities Administration Team will be unavailable to assist you.
Attorney General’s Chambers
Isle of Man
+44 1624 687318
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4:30 pm
Deliveries can only be accepted during the above opening hours.
Date of publication: June 2023