Variation of work permit
Upon request, the Department may vary a work permit if it considers that a variation is reasonably required for the purpose of the employer’s business. A variation may be requested by:
- the permit holder
- his or her employer with the consent of the holder.
Permitted variations may:
- remove a limitation on employment in a specified capacity by removing the limitation or specifying a different capacity
- remove a limitation to employment at a specified place by removing the limitation or specifying a different place.
A work permit may also be varied to change the specified capacity in the work permit to employment in a different but related capacity if the Department is satisfied ―
- that the employment of the holder in the specified capacity is no longer required, but the employment of the holder in the other capacity is reasonably required, for the purpose of the employer’s business
- that the holder was employed in the specified capacity for the purpose of training for a qualification which he or she has now obtained, and is to be employed in a capacity for which that qualification is required.