Isle of Man Labour Market
Key Points as at the end of June 2019:
- The number of registered unemployed decreased by 11 compared with June 2018.
- 98 persons signed onto and 101 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was a decrease of 3 persons on the register between June 2019 and May 2019.
- The unemployment rate for June is 0.7% remaining the same as the previous month May 2019. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month, 687 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 618 remained 54% (336) were full time positions and 46% (282) were part time.
- ILO estimate: It is estimated that 747 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in June 2019, compared with 750 in May 2019. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.7%. See Methodology section for further details.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (June 2019)||209||93||302||0.7%|
|-1 month (May 2019)||218||87||305||0.7%|
|-1 year (June 2018)||225||88||313||0.7%|
- Registered unemployment is measured as a claimant count; those persons registered for Job Seekers allowance. There is no legal requirement to register to receive Job Seekers Allowance.
- Additional statistics may be available on request; please contact Economic Affairs should you have any queries.
- Long term unemployed are those who have been registered unemployed for 12 months or longer.
Economic Affairs Division Job market statistics are published monthly by the Economic Affairs Division of the Isle of Man Cabinet Office.
For more information contact:
+44 1624 685752