Isle of Man Labour Market
Key Points as at the end of November 2018:
- The number of registered unemployed increased by 11 compared with November 2017.
- 102 persons signed onto and 97 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was an increase of 5 persons on the register between October 2018 and November 2018.
- The unemployment rate for November is 0.8%, remaining the same as the previous month October 2018. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month 728 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 483 remained. 76% (367) were full time positions and 24% (116) were part time.
- It is estimated that 775 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in November 2018, compared with 770 in October 2018. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.8%. See Methodology section for further details.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (November 2018)||223||107||330||0.8%|
|-1 month (October 2018)||218||107||325||0.8%|
|-1 year (November 2017)||214||105||319||0.7%|
- Registered unemployment is measured as a claimant count; those persons registered for Job Seekers allowance. There is no legal requirement to register to receive Job Seekers Allowance
- Additional statistics may be available on request; please contact Economic Affairs should you have any queries
- Long term unemployed are those who have been registered unemployed for 12 months or longer
Economic Affairs Division Job market statistics are published monthly by the Economic Affairs Division of the Isle of Man Cabinet Office.
Provisional Release Dates for the Isle of Man Inflation Report
|Official Statistic||Release Date 2018/19|
|January 2018||9 February 2018|
|February 2018||9 March 2018|
|March 2018||13 April 2018|
|April 2018||11 May 2018|
|May 2018||18 June 2018|
|June 2018||16 July 2018|
|July 2018||20 August 2018|
|August 2018||17 September 2018|
|September 2018||15 October 2018|
|October 2018||19 November 2018|
|November 2018||17 December 2018|
|December 2018||14 January 2019|
For more information contact:
+44 1624 685752