Isle of Man Labour Market
Key Points as at the end of September 2019:
- The number of registered unemployed decreased by 11 compared with September 2018.
- 114 persons signed onto and 131 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was a decrease of 17 persons on the register between September 2019 and August 2019.
- The unemployment rate for September 2019 is 0.7%, this is a decrease of 0.1% on the previous month August 2019. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month, 783 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 623 remained. 55% (344) were full time positions and 45% (279) were part time.
- ILO estimate: It is estimated that 765 individuals are unemployed and looking for work in September 2019, compared with 782 in August 2019. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.8%. See Methodology section for further details.
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (Sept 2019)||108||212||320||0.7%|
|-1 month (Aug 2019)||228||109||337||0.8%|
|-1 year (Sept 2018)||105||226||331||0.8%|
- Registered unemployment is measured as a claimant count; those persons registered for Job Seekers allowance. There is no legal requirement to register to receive Job Seekers Allowance.
- Additional statistics may be available on request; please contact Economic Affairs should you have any queries.
- Long term unemployed are those who have been registered unemployed for 12 months or longer.
Economic Affairs Division Job market statistics are published monthly by the Economic Affairs Division of the Isle of Man Cabinet Office.
For more information contact:
+44 1624 685752