Isle of Man Labour Market
Key Points as at the end of June 2018:
- The number of registered unemployed decreased by 94 compared with June 2017.
- 90 persons signed onto and 107 persons left the register over the month. The net movement was a decrease of17 persons on the register between June 2018 and May 2018.
- The unemployment rate for June is 0.7%, this is an decrease of 0.1% from the previous month May 2018. The unemployment rate is the proportion of economically active population registered unemployed.
- During the month 780 job vacancies were notified to the Job Centre. At the end of the month, 550 remained. 74% (405) were full time positions and 26% (145) were part time.
- It is estimated that 758 individuals and looking for work in June 2018, compared with 775 in May 2018. This amounts to an unemployment rate of 1.8%. See Methodology section for further details.
- The registered unemployed figure for this month is the lowest June figure since 2003
|Registered Unemployed||Males||Females||Total||Rate %|
|Current (June 2018)||225||88||313||0.7%|
|-1 month (May 2018)||238||92||330||0.8%|
|-1 year (June 2017)||261||146||407||1.0%|
- Registered unemployment is measured as a claimant count; those persons registered for Job Seekers allowance. There is no legal requirement to register to receive Job Seekers Allowance
- Additional statistics may be available on request; please contact Economic Affairs should you have any queries
- Long term unemployed are those who have been registered unemployed for 12 months or longer
Economic Affairs Division Job market statistics are published monthly by the Economic Affairs Division of the Isle of Man Cabinet Office.
Provisional Release Dates for the Isle of Man Inflation Report
|Official Statistic||Release Date 2018/19|
|January 2018||9 February 2018|
|February 2018||9 March 2018|
|March 2018||13 April 2018|
|April 2018||11 May 2018|
|May 2018||18 June 2018|
|June 2018||16 July 2018|
|July 2018||20 August 2018|
|August 2018||17 September 2018|
|September 2018||15 October 2018|
|October 2018||19 November 2018|
|November 2018||17 December 2018|
|December 2018||14 January 2019|
For more information contact:
+44 1624 685752