Isle of Man Financial Services Authority
Application for Appointment of Members
The Treasury is seeking applications for appointment to the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority. The Authority is constituted under the Transfer of Functions (Isle of Man Financial Services Authority) Order 2015, which enabled the merging of the functions of the Financial Supervision Commission and Insurance and Pensions Authority.
The regulatory objectives of the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority are:
- Securing an appropriate degree of protection for policyholders, members of retirement benefits schemes and the customers of persons carrying on a regulated activity
- The reduction of financial crime
- The maintenance of confidence in the Island’s financial services, insurance and pensions industries through effective regulation, thereby supporting the Island’s economy and its development as an international financial centre
Key functions of the Authority include:
- The regulation and supervision of persons undertaking regulated activities in or from the Isle of Man
- The maintenance and development of the regulatory regime for regulated activities
- The conduct of investigations into any potential liability arising from breach of AML/CFT legislation by persons undertaking regulated activities
- The oversight of directors and persons responsible for the management, administration or affairs of commercial entities
- Participation in consultative bodies, working groups and other arrangements
The Treasury is looking to appoint up to three members who, collectively, can demonstrate experience and in depth knowledge across a wide range of areas, including regulatory environments, the life insurance and/or pensions sectors and technology and innovation, which would assist the Authority in exercising its statutory functions. Applications are encouraged from individuals from all sectors, who can demonstrate they have the skills, knowledge and experience required.
If you are interested please contact Gavin Leggate, The Treasury, Government Offices, Bucks Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 3PX. Telephone +44 1624 685584, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent an information pack. Alternatively an information pack can be downloaded from this page.
Closing Date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 11 February 2018
As the Public Appointments page is primarily used by the Cabinet Office, the automated acknowledgement sent when applying on-line provides Cabinet Office contact details. Any enquiries made using these details for this post, will be forwarded to the Treasury.
Council of Ministers appointments to public bodies
The Council of Ministers is not seeking applications at present for public appointments.
If you wish, you can register an interest in forthcoming Council of Ministers Public Appointments by completing the attached Registration Form. Upon receipt of the Registration Form, you will be notified of available Council of Ministers Public Appointments as they arise.
In the interest of the environment and of cost, it would be appreciated if whenever possible correspondence could be done via email.