Isle of Man Financial Services Authority
Application for Appointment of Members
The Treasury is seeking applications for appointment to the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority (“the Authority”).
The regulatory objectives of the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority are:
- Securing an appropriate degree of protection for policyholders, members of retirement benefits schemes and the customers of persons carrying on a regulated activity.
- The reduction of financial crime.
- The maintenance of confidence in the Island’s financial services, insurance and pensions industries through effective regulation, thereby supporting the Island’s economy and its development as an international financial centre.
Key functions of the Authority include:
- The regulation and supervision of persons undertaking regulated activities in or from the Isle of Man.
- The maintenance and development of the regulatory regime for regulated activities.
- The conduct of investigations and specifically in the case of the Board the taking of administrative decisions (enforcement actions) in accordance with its statutory powers.
- The oversight of directors and persons responsible for the management, administration or affairs of commercial entities.
- Participation in consultative bodies and working groups and ongoing engagement with other key stakeholders including industry associations, Government Departments, agencies and other statutory boards.
With the pending expiration of the term of some members of the Authority, Treasury is looking to appoint members who can demonstrate experience and in depth knowledge across a wide range of areas. The focused areas include financial services regulation/oversight, the banking sector, the insurance sector (life and non-life), investment, trust and corporate services and pensions sectors and experience in technology and innovation or financial management/accounting and restructuring. Applications are encouraged from individuals from all sectors, who can demonstrate they have the skills, knowledge and experience required.
If you are interested please contact Gavin Leggate, The Treasury, Government Offices, Bucks Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 3PX. Telephone +44 1624 685584, or e-mail: email@example.com to be sent an information pack. Alternatively an information pack can be downloaded at www.gov.im/categories/working-in-the-isle-of-man/public-appointments/
Closing Date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 21 March 2021
As the Public Appointments page is primarily used by the Cabinet Office, the automated acknowledgement sent when applying using the on-line form provides Cabinet Office contact details. Any enquiries made using these details for this post, will be forwarded to the Treasury. Alternatively, the downloadable FSA only application form can be used and submitted using the contact details above.