Chief Minister Howard Quayle MHK has today announced changes to the political membership of Government Departments and Boards, as approved by the Council of Ministers.
The roles and responsibilities for the recently-elected Members of the Legislative Council come into force with immediate effect.
- Marlene Hendy MLC – Member of the Department of Education, Sport and Culture and Vice-Chair of Culture Vannin*
- Kerry Sharpe MLC – Member of the Department of Health and Social Care and Member of the 2018 Year of Our Island Political Board
- Kate Lord-Brennan MLC – Member of the Department of Infrastructure, Chair of the Tynwald Advisory Council for Disabilities* and Vice-Chair of the Office of Fair Trading*
- Tanya August-Hanson MLC – Member of the Department of Home Affairs and Member of the 2018 Year of Our Island Political Board
- Jane Poole-Wilson MLC – Equality Champion, Member of the Public Sector Pensions Authority and Vice-Chair of the Public Services Commission
An additional change will see Home Affairs Minister Bill Malarkey MHK take over as Chair of the Drug and Alcohol Strategy Group following the retirement of Michael Coleman MLC.
The Chief Minister said:
‘I am sure that the Members will relish their new appointments and will work hard to make a positive contribution on behalf of the Isle of Man and its people.’
*Subject to Tynwald approval at the April 2018 sitting.