Health and safety at work
The Health and Safety at Work Inspectorate is located within the Regulation Directorate of the Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture (DEFA) and is based at DEFA's offices at Thie Slieau Whallian.
The Health and Safety at Work Inspectorate regulates health and safety across a range of industry sectors throughout the Isle of Man and is organised as follows;
The primary function of the Health and Safety at Work Inspectorate is to secure the health, safety and welfare of workers and that of members of the public, whose safety and health may be put at risk by work activities. This is done by ensuring that work activities comply with health and safety legislation passed by Tynwald.
As a regulator we achieve this using a variety of means to influence and help people manage risks at work. These include:
- providing advice, information and guidance
- raising awareness in workplaces
- operating permissioning and licensing activities in major hazard industries
- carrying out targeted inspections and investigations
- taking enforcement action to prevent harm and hold those who break the law to account
Use the following buttons to access more information;
Department of Environment Food and Agriculture
Thie Slieau Whallian
Isle of Man
+44 1624 685 881