uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Travel information

The Isle of Man Passport Office cannot provide travel advice.

Indian Visas 

Her Majesty’s Passport Office is aware of the issues that some British citizens are experiencing when applying for Indian e-visas and will continue to support the work of the relevant UK and Indian authorities to help resolve this matter as quickly as possible. In the meantime, for those wishing to apply for an Indian visa, people are advised they make their application direct with the Indian High Commission in London until this matter has been resolved. View more travel advice here.

Advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to help you prepare for foreign travel can be found on the website

If you’re abroad and you need emergency help from the UK government contact the nearest British embassy, consulate or high commission

If you need urgent help because something has happened to a friend or relative abroad, contact the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in London on 020 7008 1500 (24 hours).

Travel to the UK

You do not need to hold a passport to travel within the common travel area (between the Isle of Man and UK/Jersey/Guernsey and Ireland). However, you will need to check with your airline/ferry service you are travelling with to ensure you comply with their policies for photographic ID.

Travelling to other countries

It is an individual’s responsibility to make sure they have the correct documentation for travel, including a passport that complies with the validity rules of whichever country they are travelling to. 

You should check the Foreign & Commonwealth Office FCO Travel Advice for entry requirements and make sure you are aware of the immigration and customs controls of the country/s you are travelling to/through, by contacting the relevant embassy or consulate for information about that country’s immigration requirements. See also the UK Government's information on passports

If your British passport is not valid for travel or you have not applied for or hold the correct documentation to meet an international county’s entry requirements, there is a risk that you could be refused entry to that country. If you are refused entry at an international border  you may be required to make alternative arrangements to return home at your own expense.

FCO Consular Services cannot get involved in another country’s immigration requirements and are therefore unable to help a traveller enter a country.

How to navigate around the Foreign Travel Advice website

Select the country you are travelling to (example below is Spain):

Travel Advice _navigate FTA Website _Spain Example

Then select 'Entry Requirements'

Travel Advice _navigate FTA Website _entry Reqs

Once on the ‘Entry requirements’ page scroll down to ‘Passport validity’ 

Note: Please ensure that you have checked with your airline/travel agent prior to travelling to ensure that they do not have additional requirements.

Identity and Travel Documents Online

If you are travelling and the authenticity of the Isle of Man variant British Passport is called into question, the Public Register or Authentic Identity and Travel Documents Online (PRADO) website provides full information. 

Did you find what you were looking for?
Back to top