uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Travel advice

The Isle of Man Passport Office cannot provide travel advice.

Travel to the UK

You do not need to hold a passport to travel within the common travel area (between the Isle of Man and UK/Jersey/Guernsey and Ireland). However, you will need to check with your airline/ferry service you are travelling with to ensure you comply with their policies for photographic ID.

Travelling to other countries

If you require information on passport validity for visiting different countries please visit UK Government Foreign Travel Advice. Also, the requirements may be different depending on the airline that you are travelling with. Please ensure that you check prior to booking your travel.

How to navigate around the Foreign Travel Advice website

Select the country you are travelling to (example below is Spain):

Travel Advice _navigate FTA Website _Spain Example

Then select 'Entry Requirements'

Travel Advice _navigate FTA Website _entry Reqs

Once on the ‘Entry requirements’ page scroll down to ‘Passport validity’ 

Note: Please ensure that you have checked with your airline/travel agent prior to travelling to ensure that they do not have additional requirements.

Identity and Travel Documents Online

If you are travelling and the authenticity of the Isle of Man variant British Passport is called into question, the Public Register or Authentic Identity and Travel Documents Online (PRADO) website provides full information. 

Did you find what you were looking for?
Back to top