uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Lost/Stolen/Damaged Passport

As soon as you realise that your passport is lost or you have had it stolen you will need to report it to the police and these are the key steps you will need to take to apply for your replacement:

Passports that are lost or stolen abroad

You should report all passport losses or thefts to the local police in the country you are in as soon as possible. You will need the crime reference details they provide for the lost or stolen notification form LS01.

You should report the theft or loss to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) Embassy, Consulate or High Commission of the country you are in. When you make a report to the FCO, they will give you a form LS01 to complete and sign.

The FCO will record the loss or theft of your passport and forward the information to Her Majesty’s Passport Office who will then cancel your passport to reduce the risk of someone else using your identity.

You can find British Embassies, Consulates and High Commissions around the world on the FCO website.

Help travelling back to the UK

The FCO will issue you with replacement travel documents so you can travel back to the UK.

Getting a replacement passport

You can apply for a replacement adult passport or child passport once you are back in the Isle of Man. We recommend that you do this as soon as possible.

Damaged passports

You will need to send the damaged passport to us with your application for a replacement which will be classed as a renewal.

  • Application form
  • 2 x passport photographs – Ideally obtain from a professional photographer and countersigned if necessary
  • A countersignature – if you can be easily identified by your previous passport then you may not need a countersignature
  • Correct Fee
Did you find what you were looking for?
Back to top