Application forms and fees
The Isle of Man Passport Office may issue an Isle of Man variant British Passport to:
- a British citizen or British subject resident in the Isle of Man at the time the application is made or
- a person who is born in the Isle of Man and who is resident in the United Kingdom at the time the application is made.
British citizens resident in the United Kingdom must apply to Her Majesty's Passport Office unless they were born on the Isle of Man.
To ensure that your application form is up-to-date, submit any application froms from Post Offices/Welcome Centre, our office or downloaded from our website within 1 month.
|How we use your data|
|The information you provide to the Passport Office is used to:
Please see the full Cabinet Office privacy notice for details on our retention periods and who we share your data with.
Emergency Travel Document information
The Isle of Man Passport Office does not provide updates as to what stage individual passport applications are at.
|Standard – available 20 working days from the date your application was paid for|
|Express – available 5 working days from the date your application was paid for|
|Emergency – usually available the same working day unless your application is received after 3pm in which case it will be issued the next working day|
Please note these service times should not be taken as a guarantee. Whilst every effort is made to meet them, circumstances beyond our control may prevent the delivery of the passport in the specified timescales above.
Adult Passports - 16 years of age and over
|Adult Emergency Travel Document||£177.00|
If you were born on or before 2 September 1929 you are eligible for a free standard 10 year passport. If you need to use the Express or Emergency service, you will need to pay the relevant fee.
Child Passports – 5 year validity
|Child Emergency Travel Document||£151.00|
- Standard Service – Cheque, cash, credit/debit cards or postal orders
- Express Service – Cash, credit/debit cards or postal orders
- Standard Service – Cheque, credit/debit cards (on the completed payment form) or postal orders
- Express Service – Credit/debit cards (on the completed payment form) or postal orders.
Cheques should be made payable to Isle of Man Government
- If you wish to have your original documents and/or cancelled passport returned to you by registered post, there is an additional fee of £5.00 payable for each application
Applicants who are resident abroad can apply for their renewal British passports online through UK Overseas Passports.