The recent buoyant performance of passenger traffic at the Isle of Man Airport, continued in July with an increase of over 4,500 passengers, or 6.5%. In summary:
- 74,458 passengers passed through IOM Airport in July 2018, an increase of 4,550 passengers or 6.5%. This was the fourth month in a row showing an increase and follows a record breaking June which, with almost 90,000 passengers, was the best month ever recorded at the airport
- Every route operated in June recorded a load fact of 70% or more, a true indication of the healthiness of the routes. Over half the routes operated at over 80% full
- Aircraft movements increased by 3.9%, but scheduled service movements were down 10.6%
North West market
- The North West market was well up in July, by over 4,900 passengers or 15%, to top 37,700
- The increase was down to continued outstanding performance of the Liverpool route, up by 21.5% with both Flybe and easyJet showing increases. EasyJet was up by 39% on the route.
- Flybe’s Manchester service also did well, up by over 1000 passengers or 7.3%
- The London market was just 2.1% down with Gatwick and London City both seeing decreases
- However, the easyJet Luton service was up by over 13%. Both the easyJet Luton and Gatwick averaged load factors of 90%
- Flybe’s Birmingham service was 11.8% down but was 88% full.
- The Stobart Air Dublin service was marginally down with a reduction of less than 1%
- EasyJet’s new Belfast International route carried 2,279 passengers, three time the number generated by Eastern on their Belfast City service in July 2017
- EasyJet’s Bristol route generated 2,866 passengers, an increase of 12.3%
- Loganair’s twice-weekly route to Edinburgh carried 704 passengers, a 10.3% increase
- Charter traffic was down by 38.5% whilst corporate flights carried over 120% more passengers than in July 2017