Covid-19 Coronavirus

Tier 5 – Youth Mobility Scheme (Temporary Migrants)


You can apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa if you’re aged 18 to 30 and you’re from:

  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Japan
  • Monaco
  • New Zealand
  • Hong Kong
  • Republic of Korea
  • Taiwan
  • British overseas citizen
  • British overseas territories citizen
  • British national (overseas)


Citizens of Hong Kong and the Republic of Korea must get a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) reference number before they can apply for a visa.

A CoS is a unique reference number that holds information about the job you will do and your personal details. It’s not a certificate or paper document.

You must apply for your visa within 3 months of receiving your certificate of sponsorship.

You can’t apply if you have:

  • children who live with you
  • children you’re financially responsible for
  • already been in the UK under the scheme or in the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category


You must have £1,890 in savings.


You make an application for entry clearance to the Isle of Man at UK Visas and Immigration.

How long can you stay

The maximum period of leave which can be granted to Tier 5 migrants is 24 months.

Migrants under this visa do not qualify for settlement (ILR).

Back to top