Covid-19 Coronavirus

Worker Migrant Visa


You can apply for an Isle of Man Worker Migrant visa if:

  • You've been offered a skilled job in the Isle of Man, and
  • You're not a British or Irish citizen


You need to be employed by an Isle of Man employer to apply to live and work in the Isle of Man.

The Isle of Man Employer checks that you can do the job they’re hiring you for and if it qualifies you for a visa.

They must also give you other information you need when you apply, for example:

  • how much you’ll be paid
  • what your job duties will be
  • how long you will be employed for

An Isle of Man employer can apply for a Confirmation of Employment (CoE) by completing the 1 page application on our website and sending it to the Isle of Man Immigration Service for consideration.

Provided the application is successful the CoE will be issued to the prospective Worker Migrant. There is no application fee for this process.

When applying for a CoE, the Isle of Man Employer will continue to have to demonstrate they have met the Resident Labour Market Test. 

An Isle of Man Employer must apply for a CoE in the following circumstances:

  • they wish to recruit a non-British / non-Irish citizen under the Isle of Man Worker Migrant route who is based overseas

  • they wish to recruit a non-British / non-Irish citizen who is already in the Isle of Man, but under a different immigration route (e.g. is on a student visa or a partner visa), or who is already a Worker Migrant, but works for a different employer

  • they wish to keep on an existing Worker Migrant employee that they already employ, but whose current visa needs to be renewed or extended

  • they wish to change the employment circumstances of an existing Worker Migrant employee that they currently employ (such as changing their job role, reducing their salary etc. Part 5 of Appendix W sets out all the changes that require a new CoE)

How long it will take

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you’re due to start work in the Isle of Man. This date is listed on your CoE.

Please find our current Immigration Processing times under Other Resources.


You can find information on our visa application fees.

People coming to work in the Isle of Man do not pay the healthcare surcharge nor do they get a Biometric Resident Card.

How long you can stay

If approved, you will be granted entry clearance for a period ending on whichever of the following is the earliest from the date of grant:

  • 14 days after the end date as stated on your confirmation of employment, or
  • 3 years and 1 month

You can start your stay up to 14 days before the start date on your confirmation of employment.


Your start date is 15 July - the earliest you can start your stay is 1 July

You can apply to extend this visa for up to another 3 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years.

What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • do a second job in certain circumstances
  • do voluntary work
  • study as long as it doesn’t interfere with the job you’re sponsored for
  • travel abroad and return to the UK
  • bring family members with you 

You can’t:

  • be self-employed or in a position akin to self-employment
  • get public funds
  • apply for a second job until you’ve started working for your sponsor


Complete an application for entry clearance to the Isle of Man on the UK Visas and Immigration website.

Back to top