uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies


Please read the guidance notes before completing your visa application form:

Coming to work in the Isle of Man

The following routes permit individuals to work in the Isle of Man:

Extending your Isle of Man work visa

If you are already working in the Isle of Man and need to extend your visa, you should complete the appropriate application form and send it to the Isle of Man Immigration Office with full payment so it can be processed. 

Work Permit

A non-EEA national who is the holder of an Immigration Employment Document (IED) is exempt from the requirement for a work permit.

An IED is a document, issued in accordance with the Immigration Act which does not preclude the holder from taking up employment in the Island and evidences 

  • leave to enter (whether limited or indefinite)
  • leave to remain (whether limited or indefinite)
  • both

but excludes a certificate of entitlement to a right of abode in the Isle of Man or the UK.

More information

You may also be interested in visiting for other great reasons to consider moving to the Isle of Man.

Did you find what you were looking for?
Back to top