uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies


Information for Isle of Man employers looking to recruit non-settled workers

On 6 April 2018, the Isle of Man moved away from the Tier 2 Points Based System and introduced two new worker routes aimed specifically at the Isle of Man economy.

The key benefits to Isle of Man employers are:

  • you no longer need to be a Licensed Sponsor in order to sponsor and employ a non-settled worker
  • you no longer need to apply and pay for a Certificate of Sponsorship.

You will however need to apply for and be issued with a Confirmation of Employment (CoE) document before recruiting a non-settled worker.

A non-settled worker must provide a valid CoE in support of a visa application made under either of the 2 new worker routes.

A non-settled worker is defined as a person who is not free of immigration control and requires a visa to be legally in the Isle of Man.

Sponsor Licences

A sponsor licence is only required for employers who wish to hire a Tier 5 (Temporary) worker, please refer to the Sponsor Licensing Policy if you are interested in obtaining a Tier 5 Sponsor Licence.

Did you find what you were looking for?
Back to top