Covid-19 Coronavirus

Visa applications for leave to remain

If you want to extend your stay in the Isle of Man, you must make an application for leave to remain to the Isle of Man Immigration office. You must make your application before your existing permission ends.

If your visa has expired or will expire soon 

Before you apply for an extension of your visa, you should ensure that you meet all the requirements in your immigration category. To find out about these requirements you should check the Immigration Rules and the requirements outlined in the application form relevant to your visa category. Please be aware that the requirements change from time to time so you should check the latest version of the Isle of Man Immigration Rules. Otherwise you may run the risk of being classed as an over stayer in the Isle of Man.

You must ensure that you comply with the terms of your visa.

I have a valid visa for the British Isles – can I visit the Isle of Man?

If you have a valid visa issued by the Home Office, United Kingdom Visas and Immigration (UKVI), the Bailiwick of Jersey or the Bailiwick of Guernsey then you will be able to visit the Isle of Man without the need for a further visa.

While visiting the Isle of Man you will not be able to work or study and there is no recourse to public funds.

You should bring your passport which shows your current visa with you. This can then be used should you be required to demonstrate that you hold valid leave in the United Kingdom.

Back to top