Sponsor certificates and licences
Sponsor Licenses and Certificates of Sponsorship
With effect from 6 April 2017, all applications made on or after that date for Sponsorship Licences and Certificates of Sponsorship should be submitted to the Passport, Immigration and Nationality Office.
Applications made to the Department of Economic Development for Sponsorship Licences and Certificates of Sponsorship on or after 6 April 2017, will not be accepted by the Department of Economic Development.
All valid Sponsor Licences and Certificates of Sponsorship issued by the Department of Economic Development prior to 6 April 2017, will remain valid until the expiry stated on the relevant document.
When applying for a new, or to renew an existing document on or after 6 April 2017, the Immigration Sponsor Licensing Policy applies.
Sponsor Licence Policy and Appendices
- Immigration Sponsor Licence Policy – sets out the parameters by which a sponsor may obtain a Licence and sponsor migrants under the Points Based System
- Appendix A – Supporting documents for Sponsor Licence Applications
- Appendix B – Document Retention Policy
- Appendix C – Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers
- Application for a Sponsors Licence – Tier 2 and Tier 5
Certificate of Sponsorship
- Application form for a Certificate of Sponsorship – Tier 2 and Tier 5 of the Points Based System