Tier 1 – Investor
Tier 1 (Investor) Migrants
This route is for high net worth individuals making a substantial financial investment to the Isle of Man.
You apply online for entry clearance at UK Visas and Immigration.
To switch into this category or extend your stay use the relevant application form.
You must have at least £2,000,000 investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa.
In order to qualify in this category you must:
- be 18 or over to apply for this visa
- have money of your own, under your control, held in a regulated financial institution, and which is disposable in the Isle of Man, amounting to not less than £2 million
- have opened an account with an Isle of Man regulated bank for the purposes of investing not less than £2 million in the Isle of Man
Evidence of investment funds
You’ll need to provide evidence showing that you have the required investment funds.
Your own money
If you’re using your own money to invest, you should be able to show:
- how much money you have and where it’s being held
- where the money came from if you haven’t had the money for at least 3 months, for example you inherited it from a relative
- that the money can be transferred to the UK and converted to sterling (if it’s not already in the Isle of Man)
Your money can be in the UK or overseas when you apply.
Your partner’s money
You’ll need to provide:
- a certificate of marriage or civil partnership, or in the case of unmarried or same-sex relationships, proof that you are in a long-term relationship (at least 2 years)
- a statement from your partner confirming that they will allow you to control the funds in the Isle of Man
- a letter from a legal adviser stating that the declaration is valid
You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English.
How long you can stay
You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.
You can apply to extend this visa for another 2 years.
What you can and can’t do
- invest £2,000,000 or more in Isle of Man government bond, share capital or loan capital in active and trading Isle of Man registered companies
- work or study
- apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million
- apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million
- invest in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development
- work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
- get public funds
You also can’t work as a doctor or dentist in training unless one of the following applies:
- you have a primary degree at bachelors level or above in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence or is a UK recognised or listed body
- you worked as a doctor or dentist in training the last time you were in the UK
- neither of those conditions were part of the terms and conditions on a previous visa
The Isle of Man Immigration Service cannot provide Immigration advice as this would compromise our positions as regulators when assessing any application you may make.