Apply for a Family Permit under the EU Settlement Scheme
EEA Family members
A Family Permit is a type of entry clearance issued to direct and extended family members of an EEA National, who is in, or intends to come to the Isle of Man to exercise free movement rights.
A Family Permit makes it easier and quicker to enter the UK. You might not get a boarding pass and could experience major delays without one.
You may be refused entry into the UK if you don’t have a Family Permit.
Direct and extended family members of an EEA National may apply for a Family Permit and this is currently £65.
For more information about the rights of the EEA citizens and their families to come to live and work in the Isle of Man please refer to the Isle of Man Immigration Rules and the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2019 as amended.
Apply for a Family Permit from outside the UK
You can apply for a Family Permit to come to the Isle of Man if you’re both:
- from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
- the family member or ‘extended’ family member of an EEA or Swiss national (excluding UK nationals) – check if you’re eligible
There are other ways you may be eligible, for example:
- with a derivative right of residence – you’re the carer of someone who has the right to be in the Isle of Man, the carer’s child, or the child of an EEA national who previously worked in the Isle of Man
- if you can make a Surinder Singh application after living in another EEA country with a British family member
- with a retained right of residence – you have the right to stay in the Isle of Man as the family member of an EEA national who has died, left the Isle of Man or is no longer your spouse or civil partner
You must be outside the UK and Isle of Man to apply for a Family Permit.
How long you can stay
A Family Permit under the EU Settlement Scheme is valid for 6 months.
You can leave and enter the Isle of Man and UK as many times as you need within that time.
Once you have arrived in the Isle of Man, you must make an application to extend your Family Permit to 5 years.