Replacement of the Tier 2 visa
The Council of Ministers has approved changes to the Isle of Man Immigration Rules, which come into effect from 6 April 2018.
The changes will see the Tier 2 Points Based System being replaced by the introduction of two new Isle of Man Worker routes:
- the Worker Migrant
- the Worker (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant
The new routes are created with the introduction of a new Appendix W, to the Immigration Rules.
The Immigration (Variation of Leave) Order 2018, which will also come into operation on 6 April 2018, applies to any person who, prior to 6 April 2018, holds valid leave to enter or remain as:
- a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) Migrant
- a Tier 2 (General) Migrant
- a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Migrant
- a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Migrant or
- the dependant of any of those persons listed in a) to d) above.
Under the Order:
- those in possession of valid leave prior to 6 April 2018 as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant shall be deemed to hold leave as a Worker (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant
- those in possession of valid leave prior to 6 April 2018 as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant shall be deemed to hold leave as a Worker Migrant.
Those in possession of valid leave prior to 6 April 2018 as a dependant of any of those persons listed in (a) to (d) above shall be deemed to be the dependant of a Worker Migrant or Worker (Intra Company Transfer) Migrant, as applicable.
The duration of the valid leave held prior to 6 April 2018 will not be reduced as a result of this Order.
The Isle of Man Immigration Service are regulators for immigration services in the Isle of Man. Accordingly, its officers are unable to give advice on immigration matters as this could result in a conflict of interest when considering an application which might be made.
The above notes are intended as a general guide only and should not be taken as a comprehensive extract of the Isle of Man Immigration rules or immigration advice. It is the responsibility of any person making an application for entry clearance or to vary their leave to satisfy themselves that they meet the requirements for the category to which they are applying before making such an application.
|Normal public counter opening times
Monday to Thursday 9.30am to 4.30pm
Friday 9.30am to 4pm