Port St Mary
|Position:||Lat 54 04.4 N||Lon 04 43.7 W|
Port St Mary is a classic small harbour in a beautiful setting.
It is popular with diving clubs with organised trips to dive sites. Fishing excursions also leave from Port St Mary during the tourist season. The harbour is used by fishing vessels, pleasure craft, occasional commercial coasters and passenger vessels.
Port St Mary consists of an inner drying harbour and an outer always afloat berthing harbour.
See navigation advice in related links.
Berths available: Berths are varied with both tidal and deep water facilities.
Moorings: Four white topped Visitors buoys (seasonal) NW of the Alfred Pier Head. Good protection except in strong S and SE winds. Depth of at least 4M. The use of a chain preventor is strongly advised.
Anchorage: Chapel Bay with depths between 3M and 6M.
Alfred Pier: Craft up to 11M and less than 2.5M draft moor in the inner end at ladders 1 to 4. There may be a need for craft to tie up alongside other craft and the use of fendering and shore lines is essential. Craft in excess of these dimensions, or craft not suitable to raft alongside other craft should moor at the visitor mooring buoys or anchor.
The Quay: The inner harbour with ladders 8 to 12 are those normally used by visiting craft.
Approach from the SW it is advised to give Callow Point and Alfred Pier at least two cable clearance until the quay lighthouse is open to the North of the Alfred Pier. The Approach from the SE the transit of the two lighthouses (295 degrees) will take the vessel clear of the Carrick Rock (Q.2 5s)
- Fresh water
- AC Showers and toilets – including disabled facilities
- Showers and toilets also available at Isle of Man Yacht Club
- Waste bins (contact harbour office for disposal of oil)
- Emergency Telephones (available 24 hours)
- Fuel and Gas by arrangement with Harbour Office
- Chandler and marine engineer 6 miles
- Waste - bins are available on quay and Harbour Yard – contact Harbour Office for other waste
Town amenities (Early closing Thursday):
- Post Office
- (bank 2 miles – Port Erin)