Up to two children under five years of age accompanied by an adult passenger will be carried free of charge, providing they do not occupy a seat at busy times. The third (or subsequent) child under five must pay the child fare. Adult passenger includes Go School 3 cardholders. Large school, nursery parties and large groups should check with the division before travelling as there may be limited space on our services at busy times.
Children over 5 years of age and under 16 pay the child fare. The child may be asked for proof of age in case of doubt.
Senior Citizens can apply for a concessionary travel pass valid on Isle of Man Railways and bus vannin services. To qualify you must be a Manx resident for a minimum of six consecutive months and be eligible according to the table below. Off-Island bus and rail passes are not valid on the Isle of Man.
|Born||Bus pass issued on birthday in||At age|
|Before 31 December 1953||Now||-|
|1 January 1959 or later||2025 or later||State retirement age|
A passport-size photograph and proof of identity is required. Cards cost £10 and cheques should be made payable to Isle of Man Government. The Welcome Centre, at the Sea Terminal Douglas, issues the cards once eligibility is confirmed.
The 60+ entitles the holder to:
• Free travel on bus services on public holidays, bank holidays and weekends.
• Half fare travel on bus services before 9am Mondays to Friday and from 4pm to 5.30pm on weekdays. Fares are rounded up to the nearest 10p.
• Free travel on bus services from 9am to 4pm and after 5.30pm on weekdays.
• Half fare on the Night Owl /Hullad Oie services.
• Half fare after 9am on scheduled services of the IoM Steam Railway. Full fare before 9am.
• Half fare after 9am on scheduled services of the Manx Electric Railway. Full fare before 9am.
• Half fare after 9am on scheduled services on the Snaefell Mountain Railway. Full fare before 9am.
DSC Disability Concession Passes
Disability Concession Passes are authorised by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) 3rd floor Markwell House, Market Street, Douglas, IM1 2RZ. Telephone +44 1624 686325. The Welcome Centre, Sea Terminal, Douglas issue the pass on production of a letter of entitlement from the DHSC. A passport size photograph is required.
The pass entitles the holder to:
- Free travel on bus services on public holidays, bank holidays and weekends
- Half fare travel on bus services before 9am Mondays to Fridays. Fares are rouned up to the nearest 10p.
- Free travel on bus services after 9am on weekdays.
- Full fare on the Night Owl /Hullad Oie services.
- Free travel after 9am on scheduled services of the IoM Steam Railway.
- Free travel after 9am on scheduled services of the Manx Electric Railway.
- Free travel after 9am on scheduled services on the Snaefell Mountain Railway.
Manx Blind Welfare
Concessionary passes issued to residents with visual impairment by the Manx Blind Welfare Society entitle the holder to travel free at all times with the exception of the Manx Express Services. Guide dogs travel free. For details please contact Manx Blind Welfare, Corrin Court, Heywood Avenue, Onchan, IM3 3AP. Telephone +44 1624 674727.
Concessionary travel passes for Senior Citizens, DHSC Disability concession passes and Manx Blind Welfare passes cannot be used for travel on Manx Express services that are timed to arrive in Douglas before 9am and for Manx Express services that depart Douglas between 5pm and 6pm. An admin charge of £10 will be applied for the reissue of all lost passes.