Go Silver smart cards will be issued to around 21,000 senior citizen residents on the island. The card replaces the 60+ senior citizen concessionary travel pass currently used.
The new ‘touch and travel’ card will require to be scanned on each journey made.
The 60+ senior citizen concessionary travel pass will be phased out over a period of two months with both cards being valid during that time to avoid any disruption to customer travel.
Travellers using the new Go Silver card will receive the same benefits and concessions as before:
- Free bus travel on Bus Vannin on Public, Bank Holidays and weekends
- Half fare travel on Bus Vannin before 9am and between 4pm - 5.30pm on weekdays
- Free travel on Bus Vannin between 9am and 4pm and after 5.30pm on weekdays
- Half fare travel on Bus Vannin’s night owl services
- Half fare travel on the Manx Electric Railway, Snaefell Mountain Railway and Steam Railway after 9am.
There is no concession on the Douglas Bay Horse Tramway. However, season tickets for the railways are available. Horse Tramway £20, Manx Electric Railway, Snaefell Mountain Railway and Steam Railway £37.50.
For more information on Go cards please email email@example.com or tel +44 1624 662525.