Go Easy FAQ
How would I benefit from a Go Easy Card?
Go Easy cards benefit a wide range of customers, especially if you fall into any of the categories below:
- You use scheduled Bus Vannin bus services regularly.
- You are a full-time School/College student and use the bus for more than just travelling to and from college.
- You are starting your first job / apprenticeship and need discounted bus travel.
- You require the flexibility of topping your cards up with either 28 days or 1,3,5 and 7 day savers.
Don’t worry if you do not fall into any of these categories – the Go Cards have a range of different products to suit all customers’ requirements. Please go to ‘Which card should I buy?’ to see our full range of cards or call +44 1624 662525, where one of our team will be able to advise you on the best card for your needs.
Where can I buy a Go Easy card?
Adults aged 22 and over can buy a Go Easy card online at www.gotravel.im.
You can buy any type of Go Easy card in person from the Welcome Centre. If you are under 22, please bring your passport, driving licence or birth certificate with you for identification purposes. If you are bringing your birth certificate with you, you will also need to supply a passport photograph that has been signed on the back by an authorised countersignatory.
How to choose your countersignatory - and what they need to do
The person acting as your countersignatory must comply with all of the following criteria:
- Be a professional person (including those who are retired) or a person of similar standing in the community. For example, bank or building society officials, police officers, civil servants, ministers of religion and people with professional qualifications – teachers, accountants, engineers, solicitors and so on.
- Have known you personally for at least two years.
- Certify your photograph by writing, ‘I certify that this is a true likeness of (your full name including title)’ on it and also signing it and dating it.
- Be related to you (by birth or marriage). This includes partners, in-laws and step-parents.
- Be in a personal relationship with you (this includes a same-sex relationship).
- Live at your address.
How do I use my Go Easy card?
Simply touch the card onto the card reader when you get onto the bus.
Go Easy Adult and Go Easy 18-21 card users need to keep their cards topped up with products in order to travel (see How do I top up my Go Easy card?).
Go Easy Teen card carriers can press the card on the reader to prove that they’re eligible for half fare, even if no credit is on the card.
I’ve lost my card / I need to change my name/photograph on my card.
You can buy a replacement card for £5. Your lost/previous card will be cancelled and any remaining credit will be transferred onto the new card.
Please contact the Welcome Centre on +44 1624 662525 / email@example.com for further assistance.
My Go Easy card isn’t working
Please contact the Welcome Centre for assistance on +44 1624 662525 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
What about my Go School / Go College card?
Go School / Go College cards are still available.
If you only use the bus to travel to and from school or college, you should continue to use your Go School / Go College card during term-time.
If you use the bus at any other time or for any other reason, a Go Easy card is likely to save you money. You can replace your Go School or Go College Card with a Go Easy card to cover all of your bus journeys. All you need to do is continue to top it up.
Can I buy an empty Go Easy card?
No. Your initial Go Easy card will cost £5 plus the cost of 28 days' unlimited bus travel for your product type.
Can I use my Go Easy card for ID purposes?
The Go Easy Teen card can be used on buses to show that the card holder is under 18 and is therefore eligible to travel half fare on scheduled Bus Vannin services. It is not a valid form of ID or age verification in any other circumstance.
How do I top up my Go Easy card?
You can purchase top ups in person from the Welcome Centre in Douglas Sea Terminal, the House of Manannan in Peel, all major bus and rail stations and Ronaldsway Airport. 1, 3, 5 or 7 day savers can also be added onto the card at these destinations.
Online top-ups are available at www.gotravel.im.
The first purchase of any travel product bar the Go Easy Adult product needs to be in person. This will load the product onto your card. From that point onwards, you’ll be able to purchase online top-ups for that product.
Your 28 day Go Easy product can be topped up online, so long as you are still within the age entitlement.
Does the 28 days’ unlimited bus travel have to be taken consecutively?
Are there any discounts for minibus or bus hire?
Are there any discounts for Hullad Oie Night Owl buses?
Yes. You are entitled to half price travel on Hullad Oie Night Owl buses while your card is topped up with 28 days' travel.