Bus and Rail Travel Updates
Information on current and future travel disruptions.
Road Racing 2019 Events
Bus services are liable to diversion or cancellation due to the various events which occur on our Island. Below is a list of some of the main events for 2019.
|10 to 11 May||Various Roads||Manx National Rally|
|24 to 27 May||Billown Circuit||Pre TT Classic Races|
|25 May to 7 June||TT Course||TT Races|
|8 June||Billown Circuit||Post TT Races|
|22 June||Various Roads||Parish Walk|
|8 to 11 July||Billown Circuit||Southern 100 Races|
Prior to each event detailed alterations to bus services will be provided.
Temporary bus stop relocation in Onchan
Due to the continuing works at the old IOM Bank on Main Road in Onchan, the bus stop at the layby beside these works is suspended until further notice.
During this suspension period a temporary alternative stop is available in the layby opposite the filling station beside the roundabout at the Summerhill Road junction.
Buses are unable to wait at this temporary stop.
Road works at Friary Park – commencing 12 November
During the week commencing 12 November at times the works at the Friary Park entrance in Ballabeg necessitate a road closure between 0915 and 1545.
During these road closures Service 1 & 10 buses divert via Shore Road and Church Road between Ballakaighen Corner and Ballafesson.
Normal services resume with the 1525 journey from Port Erin to Castletown and the 1601 journey from Castletown to Port Erin.
On closure days announcements on the local radio stations and on Facebook & Twitter will advise of the service suspension via Colby and Ballabeg.
Road works at Friary Park - extra buses
Due to the road works at the Friary Park entrance, the following extra Service 1B journeys operate on Thursday 14 & Friday 15 November and from Monday 19 to Friday 23 November between Port Erin Railway Station and Ballabeg (bus stops at the church hall).
|Port Erin, Railway Station||1025||1055||1125||1155||1225||1255||1325|
|Ballabeg Hall, shelter||1042||1112||1142||1212||1242||1312||1342|
|Port Erin, Railway Station||1053||1123||1153||1223||1253||1323||1353|
Closure of Foxdale Road in St. Johns from Wednesday 21 November 2018
Due to the highway resurfacing works Foxdale Road in St. Johns between the Patrick Road junction and The Hope is to be closed from 0915 on Wednesday 21 November until 17 December - or until the highway works are completed.
- service 6, 6A & 6C journeys operate via Main Road in St. Johns between Ballacraine and the Tynwald Hill Inn stops
- service 4 journeys from Peel to Douglas divert via Balacraine
- the afternoon Service 4C is unable to serve Lower Foxdale or St. Johns
- the afternoon Service 51 is unable to serve the stops at Tynwald Close, Ballacraine or The Hope
Douglas Christmas Lights Switch On - Thursday 22 November 2018
Due to the Christmas lights setup and ceremony, Ridgeway Street (outside Douglas Town Hall) is to be closed between 1600 until 2300. The last service to operate via Ridgeway Street before the closure is the 1530 Service 25 departure from Lord Street.
With effect from the 1545 Service 3 and until the 2310 Service 12 journey all departures from Lord Street (Stands D & E) on Services 3/3A/X3 to Ramsey, Services 12/22/22A/25 to Willaston & Onchan, Service 26M to Ballabrooie and Service 27 to Tromode Park Estate & Willaston divert from Lord Street via Hope Street, St Georges Street and Circular Road to either Westmoreland Road or Bucks Road to resume normal routes - with all bus stops on the diversion route being recognised.
Services arriving into Douglas between 1745 and 2300 from Bucks Road (Finch Road junction) divert via Athol Street to Lord Street - observing the stops in Athol Street and near to the old Salvation Army Citadel. For buses continuing to Onchan from Loch Promenade please note that there is no stop in Lord Street at the bus interchange.
Closure of Summer Hill in Douglas from 25 November until 21 December 2018
Due to pipe works in connection with the Douglas Promenade refurbishment, Summer Hill is to be closed between the Queens Promenade and Summer Hill Place junctions.
- all Service 2 journeys operate as Service 2A and therefore operates via Royal Avenue between the promenades and Ballachrink and via Port Jack between Windermere Drive and the promenades
- service 13 journeys to Laxey divert from the Villa Marina via Victoria Road, Governors Bridge and Blackberry Lane to Summerhill Road
- service 13 journeys from Laxey timetabled to serve Loch Promenade divert from Summerhill Road via Blackberry Lane, Governors Bridge, Victoria Road and Broadway to Harris Promenade
- school journeys divert via Royal Avenue.
Closure of the A13 at Ballamona Straight from 26 November 2018
During the period 26 November to 21 December the Ballamona Straight at Jurby is to be closed between the Ballavarran Road and Old Windmill Road junctions for bridge works.
Diversions to Mondays to Saturdays Service 19C
- the 0740 journey (not Sats) diverts from Jurby West (0755) via the IOM Prison and Ballavarran Road to Sandygate and Summerhill Road
- the 0930, 1130, 1330 and 1544 (not Sats) journeys divert from the A13 (Sandygate to Cronk Road) via the Ballavarran Road to Jurby West - then 0957, 1157, 1357 and 1621 from Jurby West as timetabled
- during the period of closure buses are unable to serve Ballaugh Cronk and Killane