The Treasury collects water rates, burial ground rates and most of the local authority rates on the Island.
However it is important to note that the Treasury does not collect local authority rates for Douglas Corporation, Onchan District Commissioners or Braddan Parish Commissioners. If you pay rates on properties in these areas you must make separate arrangements to pay with the relevant authority.
Under section 69a of the Rating and Valuation Act 1953, the new occupier is obliged to inform us of their occupation of a property within 28 days of the day on which he or she begins to be the occupier of the property. The new occupier must notify the rating authority in writing of:
- His or her name and address
- The description of the property in question
You can pay your rates by the following methods:
You can pay outstanding rate demands easily and securely over the web.
There are 3 options available:
- A maximum of 10 monthly payments of the gross amount paid between May and February in each rating year
- A one-off payment of the net amount on 26 June each year
- The net amount paid over 3 months in April, May and June in each rating year
If you would like to pay by direct debit or require further information please contact us.
You can also pay at any Post Office or bank.
+44 1624 685661