Consumer Prices Index Increases (CPI)
The annual rate of inflation as measured by CPI increased in July 2019 to 2.1%, up from 1.8% in June 2019.
- Inflation as measured by the Consumer Price Index has risen in July 2019 to 2.1%.
- The most significant drivers of inflation for July 2019 are Recreation and culture costs, Education costs and Transport costs that make up 0.8%, 0.4% and 0.3% respectively of the overall increase in CPI.
- Within Recreation and culture, the largest contributor to the increase in inflation is Subscription to internet which has increased by 12.5% compared to last year.
- Other travel costs is the largest contributor to the increase in inflation within Transport category whereby Other travel costs has increased by 24.2%.
- Within Education, both Private education fees and Preschool fees have increased.
The figures are published monthly by the Economic Affairs Division of the Isle of Man Cabinet Office. Full details with further breakdowns are available in the downloadable document, which is updated monthly.
Provisional Release Dates for the Isle of Man Inflation Report
|Official Statistic||Release Date 2019/20|
|Inflation Report January 2019||11 February 2019|
|Inflation Report February 2019||11 March 2019|
|Inflation Report March 2019||23 April 2019|
|Inflation Report April 2019||13 May 2019|
|Inflation Report May 2019||10 June 2019|
|Inflation Report June 2019||15 July 2019|
|Inflation Report July 2019||12 August 2019|
|Inflation Report August 2019||9 September 2019|
|Inflation Report September 2019||14 October 2019|
|Inflation Report October 2019||11 November 2019|
|Inflation Report November 2019||9 December 2019|
|Inflation Report December 2019||20 January 2020|
+44 1624 685752