uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Seasonal workers

You will be treated as a non-resident individual providing that:

  • the period you spend in the Isle of Man is not expected to exceed 6 months in total
  • your visits have not exceeded 90 days in each of the last four tax years
  • no form of permanent home is available for your use
  • you agree to ask your employer to submit a form T20 as soon as your period(s) of employment extends beyond 6 months. If your period of employment does extend beyond six months, you will then be classed as a resident individual and will pay Manx income tax accordingly

Paying tax

As a non-resident your earnings will be subject to tax at the rate of 20%.

Non-resident workers who are married/civil partners are not entitled to opt for joint taxation with their spouse/partner. If a non-resident couple are both employed in the Isle of Man, then both parties will be liable to pay tax on their earnings.

Non-resident individuals will also be required to complete a non-resident return when leaving the Island.

Your employer should keep a record of all wages paid and all benefits received during your time in employment. These details will then be declared when they submit their employer's return at the end of the tax year.

Did you find what you were looking for?
Back to top