Sanctions and export control
The Isle of Man Customs and Excise Division is responsible for the administration of United Nations and EU financial and economic sanctions and export licensing controls in the Isle of Man. What Does My Business Have to Do with UN/EU Sanctions, and Export and Trade Controls? The Isle of Man also has export controls on endangered species covered by the Convention on Trade in Endangered Species (CITES). Please see the Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture imports and exports page for further information.
To receive regular updates of changes to sanctions, and to export and trade controls, and for other important news subscribe to the RSS feed for Customs and Excise news releases
Cash Declaration Requirements
If cash in excess of €10,000
- is sent to or taken from or
- is brought into or received in
the Isle of Man, then the person carrying, sending or receiving it must make a declaration to Customs and Excise.
This applies to cash going to, or coming from, anywhere outside the Island; and regardless of whether the cash is being carried by someone, or is sent in the mail, by courier service or is contained in freight, a vehicle or a vessel.
'Cash' includes any banknotes or coins in any currency (including counterfeit), postal orders and cheques of any kind (including travellers' cheques), but excluding cheques drawn on a British or Irish bank. It also includes stored value cards and other document, device, coin or token with a monetary value. (See Notice 9011 MAN for a full definition).
For further information please see 'An introduction to cash entering or leaving the Island' and Notice 9011 MAN.
Current Sanctions Regimes
This Notice provides information on the definition of funds and economic resources (including those jointly or indirectly owned, held or controlled), record-keeping and how to deal with false positives, as well as to appeal listing, seek delisting or licences.
Details of the current sanctions lists can be found on the HM Treasury and OFAC websites - links to which can be found in the Related Links box on this page.
- Al-Qaida, the Taliban and ISIL (Da'esh) (Sanctions Notice 21)
- Afghanistan (Sanctions Notice 39)
- Belarus (Sanctions Notice 19)
- Burma / Myanmar (Sanctions Notice 11)
- Burundi (Sanctions Notice 44)
- Central African Republic (Sanctions Notice 42)
- Congo (DRC) (Sanctions Notice 16)
- Egypt (Sanctions Notice 36)
- Eritrea (Sanctions Notice 33)
- Guinea (Sanctions Notice 30)
- Guinea-Bissau (Sanctions Notice 40)
- Iran (Sanctions Notice 24)
- Iraq (Sanctions Notice 10)
- Lebanon (Sanctions Notice 18)
- Libya (Sanctions Notice 35)
- Mali (Sanctions Notice 46)
- North Korea (Sanctions Notice 23)
- Somalia (Sanctions Notice 31)
- Sudan and South Sudan (Sanctions Notice 14)
- Syria (Sanctions Notice 38)
- Terrorism (Sanctions Notice 22)
- Tunisia (Sanctions Notice 34)
- Ukraine/Russia (Sanctions Notice 41)
- Venezuela (Sanctions Notice 47)
- Yemen (Sanctions Notice 43)
- Zimbabwe (Sanctions Notice 20)
CEM 80 MAN - Disclosure of suspected breach of financial sanctions in contravention of EU Regulations
CEM 85 MAN – Asset Freeze Licence Application Form
CEM 86 MAN - Frozen account report