Reform of the Planning System
A Planning Action Plan was laid before Tynwald on 15 May 2018.
The initial phase of the project included:
- Making targeted changes to the existing Town and Country Planning Act, 1999 ‘the Act’
- Developing a number of pieces of secondary legislation to implement the above changes
- Reviewing the secondary legislation that gives approval for certain types of development (sometimes called ‘Permitted Development Orders’).
- Making operational changes
This section of the website will be regularly updated to provide information on the project and the changes to the planning system that are being implemented. Because the Act, splits responsibility for planning functions between the Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture and the Cabinet Office, it is a joint project between the two Departments to take action plan.
Information is available in relation to:
- The new and amended legislation
- The new application forms and guidance notes
- Other operational changes
- Frequently asked questions
Various public consultations have taken place to inform the above work.