Public notification of Potential Development Sites (additional sites)
This is an opportunity to help shape the Draft Area Plan for the East.
A number of additional sites have been suggested and comments are now being sought on these sites.
Last year the Cabinet Office published a set of consultation documents to mark the start of the formal process to prepare a new development plan for the East of the Island. This process, known as ‘Preliminary Publicity’, was a public consultation on the matters that the Department intended the Area Plan to deal with. Details of all of the sites under consideration were published, including draft site assessment reports for each site.
During the Consultation, a number of additional sites were suggested and the details of these sites are now being made public.
The documents now available for public viewing are:
- The All Sites Map (updated to show 35 additional sites)
- A Summary Table listing all of the additional 35 sites
- Additional Site details submitted by each proposer
- Draft Site Assessment Reports for 34 sites
All of the Local Authority areas in the Plan area are affected by these new sites:
- Borough of Douglas
- District of Onchan
- Parishes of Braddan, Garff - Laxey and Lonan Wards, Marown and Santon
Note: Due to GDPR commitments the Call for Sites forms have been temporarily made unavailable. Revised forms will be made available shortly and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Potential develoment sites
- DH5 TAPE Draft Report / DH Map (Windsor and Osbourne Terrace)
- DH58 TAPE Draft Report (Cronkbourne Cricket Club)
- DH59 TAPE Draft Report (Cronkbourne Sports & Social Club)
- DM13 TAPE Draft Report / DM13 & DE10 / DM13 Map / DM13 Responses (Little Switzerland - Opposite Former Prison, Victoria Road)
- DM14 TAPE Draft Report / DM14 Responses (The Milestone)
- OH24 TAPE Draft Report / OH24 Responses (Bibaloe Beg Farm)
- OH25 TAPE Draft Report / OH25 Responses (Field on Little Mill Road)
- OH26 TAPE Draft Report / OH26 Responses (Land at Creg Ny Baa)
- OH27 TAPE Draft Report / OH27 Responses (Land on Little Mill Road)
- OM002 TAPE Draft Report (Ashley Hill School and School Road)
- BE23 TAPE Draft Report (Union Mills)
- BE24 TAPE Draft Report (Middle Farm)
- BE25 TAPE Draft Report / BE25 Responses (Tromode)
- BH38 TAPE Draft Report / BH38 Responses (Mount Rule)
- BH39 TAPE Draft Report / BH39 & MH026 Responses (Baldwin)
- BH40 TAPE Draft Report / BH40 Responses (Marbeg, Port Soderick)
- BH41 TAPE Draft Report / BH41 Responses (Oak Hill, Port Soderick)
- BH42 TAPE Draft Report / BH42 Responses (Opposite Braddan Church)
- BH43 TAPE Draft Report / BH43 Responses (Snugborough House)
- BM8 TAPE Draft Report / BM8 Responses (Castleward Farm)
- BH44 Responses / BH44 map (Mount Rule)
- GH33 TAPE Draft Report / GH33 Responses (Lonan – by Baldrine Park)
- GH34 TAPE Draft Report / GH34 Responses (Laxey – Pinfold Hill)
- GH36 TAPE Draft Report / GH36 Responses (Laxey – The Paddocks)
- GH38 TAPE Draft Report / GH38 Responses (Laxey – Ballafletcher Road & Rencel Hill)
- MH23 TAPE Draft Report / MH23 Responses (Glen Vine – Ballagarey Nursery)
- MH24 TAPE Draft Report / MH24 Responses (Braaid)
- MH26 TAPE Draft Report / BH39 & MH26 Responses (Baldwin – Bridge House)
- MH27 TAPE Draft Report / MH27 Responses (Greeba – Garey Glass)
- MH28 TAPE Draft Report / MH28 Responses (Paddock by Ballagary Lodge)
- MH29 TAPE Draft Report / MH29 Responses (Glen Vine – Field by Mount View)
- MH30 TAPE Draft Report / MH30 Responses (Crosby)
- SH16 TAPE Draft Report / SH16 Responses (Mullinaragher Road)
- SH17 TAPE Draft Report / SH17 Responses (Perk Cottage)
- SH18 TAPE Draft Report / SH18 Responses (Quines Hill)
- The Site Assessment Reports are currently in draft form. It has already been recognised that some of the 35 additional sites need further investigation and where relevant, this has been noted on the individual Reports.
- There are 34 Reports available not 35, as one site was submitted by the proponent late. Please mention this to officers if you make an enquiry so that we can ensure all material is available to you.
- A number of the sites were put forward for consideration by the Cabinet Office. For these sites there will only be a Report.